So, you’ve found your dream pair of Funky Lashes… now what?
Regardless of whether you’re a newbie when it comes to applying false eyelashes or a seasoned pro; here’s a few top tips everyone needs to know when it comes to mastering strip lashes.
For best results, there are a few steps you should consider before applying your false eyelashes.
- Before applying your falsies, comb them with a spoolie or an eyelash brush. This’ll soften the lash fibres and their band; which will ensure a more natural look once applied… and make securing them to the shape of your eye much easier!
- Measure up! Before applying adhesive, measure both strip lashes against your own lash line & eyes. You may find they sit nicely on your eyes – but chances are, you’ll need to cut the lash down slightly to achieve the optimum fit. Measuring up pre-application means you can judge this pretty quickly; making modifications until you’re happy with the shape.
Once your false eyelashes are fully prepped, you can move onto the best bit: applying them!
- As a general rule, it’s best to affix falsies after you’ve finished applying your chosen eye makeup. Eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner should be applied before your lashes are – you can always go over them again to further define your look once the adhesive has dried.
- You’ll need a good lash glue to secure your strip lashes in place – make sure you pick a tube up before it comes to wearing your new false lashes.
- Apply a thin line of adhesive to the band of your lash & wait approx 30 seconds for it to begin to set. Then gently press the band of the false eyelash strip down to your upper lash line. Tweezers can be a useful tool to help push falsies closer to your natural eyelashes.
- Black eyeliner can help fill in any gaps between your lash line and your new falsies. Applying mascara also helps blend your own eyelashes and the strip lashes together; for a more natural finish.
- If you experience any complications mid-application: be patient and persevere. You’ll be a lash pro in no time – honest!
Funky Lash strip lashes can be reused up to 20 times with the correct level of aftercare applied – making them even better value for money!
- When it comes to taking your falsies off, it’s advisable to gently apply a little makeup remover at the base of your lashes – just for a few seconds. This helps soften the lash adhesive; making them easier to remove.
- Using your fingers or a pair of tweezers, take the outer corner of one strip lash & gently peel it off; away from the skin. Repeat on your other eye.
- Once your falsies have been removed, it’s time to clean them so they can be reused. Use a little makeup remover on the tip of a cotton bud to delicately cleanse all remnants of makeup off; including mascara.
- Use your fingers or a pair of fine tweezers to clean both strip lashes of any remaining adhesive; removing all tackiness & stickiness.
- Replace your lashes on their tray inside their Funky Lash storage box. This both keeps them safe and helps to maintain their shape for the next time you wear them.